This year International Babywearing Week is celebrated October 1-9!
International Babywearing Week is an opportunity to celebrate, promote, advocate for and focus attention on the many benefits of babywearing. Babywearing Twin Cities will have multiple events both online and in person, including giveaways!
List of IBW Events (all are free to attend!):
- Como Zoo Playdate 10-12pm (1225 Estabrook Dr, St. Paul, 55103)
- Where has babywearing taken you?? How about the zoo?? Meet at the tropical area inside the lobby. Wear, stroller, whatever works for you.
- IKEA Pop-Up Meeting 11-1pm (Cafeteria, 8000 IKEA Way, Bloomington, 55425)
- Has babywearing taken you to IKEA?? Find volunteers in their blue loon shirts in the cafeteria. Come chat, find your best fit, bring your own or play with other carriers, eat Swedish meatballs.
- Apple Valley Meeting 6-8pm (Room 12-13, 12650 Johnny Cake Ridge Rd, Apple Valley, 55124)
- Nature Playdate 10-12pm (Springbrook Nature Center, 100 85th Ave N.E., Fridley, 55432)
- Has babywearing taken you to the park? Come play with us (volunteers will most likely be in blue loon shirts!).
- Park Playdate 6:15-7:30pm (St. David’s, 3395 Plymouth Rd, Minnetonka, 55305)
- Has babywearing been part of your evening routine? Join us at St. David’s park for some fresh air before the day ends.
- Carriers & Coffee 10-12pm (Roseville Library, 2180 Hamline Ave N, Roseville, 55113)
- Babywearing has given me free hands to enjoy coffee/tea. Join us at the Roseville library! We’ll start off at the attached Dunn Bros coffee shop and then head over to the children’s section where story time will be happening from 10:30-11. If the weather is nice, we may meander to the outdoor children’s garden connected to the children’s library (it’s completely fenced in and only accessed through the library).
- Interested in learning about pouch slings? Find your best fit and you might go home with one! If you ever find one you’d like to donate, we would love to have it to spread the love for pouch slings.
- Robbinsdale ECFE Fall Party 5-7pm (New Hope Learning Center, 8301 47th Ave N, New Hope, 55428)
- Babywearing has given me the opportunity to party with other caregivers while keeping my baby close enough to kiss! Babywearing Twin Cities will have a table at the Robbinsdale ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) Fall Party. Come say hello!
- Craft Night 6-8pm (Michaels at The Quarry Shopping Center, 1620 New Brighton Blvd, Minneapolis, 55413)
- Babywearing has given me free hands to crochet and knit while my baby sleeps on me! We’ll be starting projects, finishing projects, chatting about future projects at the Michaels in the Quarry Shopping Center. Come join us (with or without children)!
- Silent Auction & Potluck 11-1pm (Palace Community Center, 781 Palace Ave, St Paul, 55102)
- Babywearing has given me the freedom to eat hands-free! Bring food to share (we’ll provide some food and drinks as well for all) and check out a table of goodies we’ll have for silent auction to raise funds for Babywearing Twin Cities. Proceeds from the silent auction will be used to purchase baby carriers for the Roots Community Birth Center lending library, to acquire carriers for our Community Collection to donate to those in need, and to fund meeting expenses as needed.
- Front Wrap Boot Camp 2-3:30pm (Rondo Library, 461 Dale St N, St. Paul, 55104)
- Babywearing has intrigued me on how many different ways there are to wear a baby – so many options to find what works best for you! Come join us at the Rondo Community Outreach Library where there will be stations set up by volunteers to teach you different ways to wrap your baby on your front. Bring your own carrier or choose from ones we bring. Bring a baby/toddler to wear or you’re welcome to use demonstration dolls that are weighted. All are invited!
- There will be a door prize of an on-site photo shoot (with 2 high resolution images)!
- Pacifier – Highland Park Meeting 5:30-7:30pm (714 Cleveland Ave S, St Paul, 55116)
- New Hope Meeting 2:30-4:30pm (8301 47th Ave N, Minneapolis, 55428)
We are currently seeking sponsors for events as well as donors for prizes to give to babywearers who participate in the events that we plan. If you are interested in contributing, please email email@example.com.